If you forget your WordPress password, you can reset it in one of four ways:
- Use the Lost your password link on the login screen
- Reset your password through Softaculous (WordPress installed with Softaculous)
- Reset your password through QuickInstall (WordPress installed with QuickInstall)
- Manually reset the password through the database with phpMyAdmin
Lost Your Password Link
- Go to your WordPress login screen at http://example.com/wp-login.php.
(Replace example.com with your actual WordPress installation location. This may be your domain, domain + a folder location, or a temporary URL).
- Under the login form, click Lost your password.
- Enter the username or email address of the account you’re trying to log into.
- Click Get New Password to have the reset password email sent to that username’s email.
Softaculous Password Reset
- Log into cPanel. of your web hosting account at iwrahost.com
- Scroll down to the Software section and click on the Softaculous Apps Installer.
- On the main page of Softaculous, click on Installations or, in the upper right-hand corner, click on the Box icon within the navigation bar to show the list of Scripts Installations.
- Under Link, find the domain for which you need to reset the password.
- On the right-hand side of the row, click the Pencil icon to load the Installation Details.
- Go to the Admin Account section on the Installation Details page.
- Enter the Admin Username for which you want to change the password.
- Enter the new Admin Password.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on Save Installation Details.
QuickInstall Password Reset
- Log into cPanel. if you are reseller hosting under whm find list account and click on a particular cpanel.
- Under Software/Services, click on QuickInstall.
- At the top of the page, click My Installs.
- Locate the installation you wish to modify.
- Click Reset Password.
- Select the username you wish to change the password for from the drop-down box, then enter a new password.
Check out our guide on how to make a strong, memorable password:
- How Can I Make a Stronger Password?
- Click the Reset Password button to change the password for the selected user.
Manual Password Reset
- Log into cPanel.
- Under Databases, click phpMyAdmin.
- Click on the WordPress database from the left panel list.
- Click wp_users from the left panel list.
- Under user_login, you will see the list of registered users. Under the user whose password you wish to reset, click edit.
- Under the user_pass column, clear the value on the far right and replace it with what you would like the password to be.
- In the Function drop-down menu, select MD5.
- At the bottom of the page, click GO.